Well, today is Fast Sunday, and if you choose to fast today, you are one of the lucky ones. Fasting is impossible for many people due to health concerns. If you can fast, treasure this gift. Here are some ideas to possibly make your fast Sunday different that just a slow Sunday without food.
- Prepare for your fast by expressing gratitude that you are able and fit to fast, and that this principle of rapid spiritual growth is available to you.
- Decide upon some reason to fast – some righteous desire. There really is no reason to fast for greater spirituality, because that is going to happen anyway. Fast for something in addition to this.
- Begin and end with prayer.
- Fast for the full 24 hours. Keep that time sacred. Stay away from Babylon’s music, TV, movies and topics of conversation. Be clean – be the proper receptacle for the blessing Father is going to pour out upon you.
- When you end, offer a prayer of complete gratitude –don’t mention the object for which you fasted or ask for anything else. Focus upon thanking Father that you now have this blessing. Express gratitude exactly as if you had received it already. Heavenly Father is an eternal being, and all things are present before Him. If your request was righteous, then in His view He has granted it – even though there may be a necessary process to go through before you receive it – it is nevertheless granted.
© September 2011, John M. Pontius, all rights reserved. Non-commercial reproduction permitted.