The Standard Works
- KJV Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C and Pearl of Great Price
- Quad Study Helps
- LDS Scripture Citation Index (Go to the left of the page, select the Standard Work, book, chapter and verse, and up comes all General Conference passages mentioning that verse. There are also apps for iPad, iPhone and Android).
- Online Parallel Bible (Just about everything you’d like to know about every Bible verse).
- Blue Letter Bible (Has a terrific search engine and gives you 16 different versions/translations of each verse along with a Strong’s concordance, Hebrew/Greek lexicon and dictionary aids. You just need to click on the letters found in the small box on the left side of the verse. There are commentaries available, but you don’t have to read them if you don’t want to).
- BibleWebApp.com (John Dyer of the Dallas Theological Seminary has created a web app which is both powerful and easy to use. It takes you to the Bible with two panes side-by-side, showing the English and either Greek or Hebrew translations. The English edition may be changed to the KJV with the pull-down menu in the upper left. Navigating to other verses is easily done in the search box by typing out the reference, or selecting book-chapter-verse. The amazing thing about the Bible Web App is that as you hover your mouse over a verse on one side, the verse is dynamically highlighted in gray on both the English and the original language. At the same time, the specific word under your mouse is highlighted yellow along with the corresponding word it is translated from.)
Book of Mormon
- The Book of Mormon Online (A *comprehensive* resource for studying the Book of Mormon).
- The Challenge of the Book of Mormon
- Book of Enoch
- Lectures on Faith (For 86 years, the Lectures were part of the LDS canon until they were removed in 1921).
- Journal of Discourses
- History of the Church (Volumes 1-7 in text format. Searchable and downloadable. Right mouse click on each volume’s link, then click “Save As” to save onto your computer).
Other Research Aids
- BYU Studies (very comprehensive collection of articles published in BYU Studies. Hint: Use the search engine at the far right side to search for specific words, or click on any of the browse features).
- LDS.org search page (Searches scriptures, General Conferences, Broadcasts, Magazines, Manuals, Images, Videos, Music, News and Events, etc).
- The Joseph Smith Papers (Documents, Journals, Administrative Records, Revelations and Translations, Histories, Legal and Business Records and Other Contemporary Papers).
- Downloadable Audio Scriptures (Click on the first link at the top of this page (“KJV Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C and Pearl of Great Price”), then click on the desired Standard Work (for example, “Old Testament”). Once you’re at that work’s page, click “Download” at the right-hand side of the page. This will download the entire Standard Work selected. You can also download individual MP3s of books (for example, 1 Nephi) or chapters/sections (like 3 Nephi 11) on their respective pages.
- Mobile Apps (Go here for a complete listing of all church-sponsored mobile apps).